The university is divided into 17 faculties:
• Faculty of Economics and Business
• Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
• Faculty of Energy Technology
• Faculty of Civil Engineering, Transportation Engineering and Architecture
• Faculty of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering
• Faculty of Agriculture and Life Sciences
• Faculty of Logistics
• Faculty of Natural Sciences and Mathematics
• Faculty of Organizational Sciences
• Faculty of Mechanical Engineering
• Faculty of Criminal Justice and Security
• Faculty of Health Sciences
• Faculty of Arts
• Faculty of Medicine
• Faculty of Education
• Faculty of Law
• Faculty of Tourism.
Executive power is vested in the Rector, assisted by six vice-rectors, and the secretary general. The highest academic and professional body is the University Senate.
Student Council of the University of Maribor has an important role as well. It is led by Vice-rector for student affairs, who is a student.
The university also includes several associated facilities, including the University of Maribor Library, student housing, the Computing Center, the Leon Štukelj Sporting Center, and Postgraduate and Visiting Faculty Home.
STUDENT COUNCIL OF THE UNIVERSITY OF MARIBOR
The student council of the University of Maribor comprises the vice rector for students and a
representative from each faculty of UM. Students work for students, which means that members:
• solve problems associated with students,
• advocate for the welfare of students,
• contribute to a student-friendly and higher quality studies.
Members meet at regular, extraordinary or correspondence sessions convened by the vice-rector for Student Affairs; the vice-rector is currently Maja Žibert. Students can participate in the university bodies, give opinions, suggestions and comments, so that their voice is always present.
VICE-RECTOR for Student Affairs
Student Maja Žibert